10. You predict the four transfers in each heat race with about 90% accuracy.
9. You have a special drawer at home to keep your Ascot/CRA/PAS/SCRA Driver
8. You can recall with pleasure all the previous numbers a driver has used
(The Rip Williams T-shirt with #47 you consider a priceless possession).
7. You instantly spot a new paint scheme on a car during wheel packing.
6. You can glance into the pits and estimate within 3 the car count for the
5. You also know that one way to estimate the car count is to add the number
of cars in the C-main to 32. (for example...8 cars x 4 heats = 32 + 12 in
"C-main" = 44).
4. You know several of the SCRA officials by their first name.
3. You know the best eating stops on the way to Perris, Ventura, Phoenix and
2. When speaking to the uninitiated about Sprint Car Racing, you call it
"clay", not "dirt".
1. You converse with your friends with a strange vocabulary that includes:
"tacky", "dry-slick", "cushion",
"hooked-up", "till up the bottom", and "two
-Todd Volker (O. Penn Wheeler)
10. Your car has Hoosier Tires and they always have that armorall "shiny" look.
9. You have a "homemade" tape or CD of the music that is played at the PAS!
8. You have seen the SCRA Year in Review Tapes so much that you know it by heart.
7. You have a special drawer for your collection of SCRA driver shirts.
6. When you are at home, You make your own nachos, kettle corn, and churros- just like those at the race tracks.
5. When you hear that SuperMan will be on TV and expect it to be about "Super" Rickie Gaunt.
4. You want to put Grandstand seating in front of your TV.
3. You have a collection of diecast outlaw sprint cars and you take the wings off.
2. You may forget the birthdays of loved ones, but you know when the Oval
1. When someone asks you "Who is the President?" and you answer
10. You get to the track early to watch track
9. Winged vs. Non-Wing "discussions" have caused friendships to end.
8. You can point out the errors that are in the program.
7. You don't know who is on the $10 bill, but you know what Wagsbucks are.
6. You prefer to make left turns when driving around town.
5. You go to the races wearing anything with an Ascot logo.
4. You refer to Sprint Car Wings as "barn doors."
3. You prefer that your beer have dirt in it to make it taste right.
2. You actually know where Trona is located on a map.
1. You barely call your relatives, but you have the PAS!
Raceline - 1-800-976-RACE on your telephone's speed dialer.
If you have a Top-10 list of you own,
email it to me and it will get posted ASAP.