Heartland Racing Association 2007 Non Wing Sprint Car Rules
1. All sprint car frames must be a sprint design. Both torsion bar & coil over all allowed.
2. No aluminum frames, no aluminum kick bars and no aluminum bumpers
3. Solid steel bolts and nuts only
4. Roll Cages must be a minimum of 1.375 inch diameter .095 thickness, seamless tubing
5. All race cars must have front bumper, rear bumper and kick bars on both sides of the car, steel only
6. All race cars must have racing fuel cell with bladder
7. All cars must have a minimum of 3 wheel brakes(inboard& front brakes)
8. In & Out box, slider & shifter rear ends only. No transmissions or clutches
9. The drive-line must be fully enclosed by a torque tube; torque tube must have a 3/8 inch inspection hole. A drive shaft loop or a drive-shaft strap is mandatory
10. The engine must appear strictly stock. Cast Iron blocks and heads only. Plat top pistons only
11. Flat tappet cam and lifters only. No roller lifters
12. Maximum 360 cubic inches on Chevrolets & 370 cubic inches on Fords & Chryslers.(2% allowance when tubing for C.I.)
13. 2 3/16 maximum injector stacks or 4 Barrel alky carb
14. Steel or aluminum pulleys allowed. No dry sump oiling systems.
15. Gm engines must run 64cc or larger production heads. All heads including after market, 178cc maximum intake runner. Milling allowed with chamber no smaller than 64cc. No raised runner heads. .250offset maximum rocker arms. Ford engines, no after market or SVO heads. Chrysler engines, no after market or W2 heads. 360 cubic inch heads only. No porting or polishing allowed
16. Minimum ¾ inch inspection hole on side of oil pan 2 ½ inches down from pan rail in line with a journal required. Inspection hole must be easily accessed by tech official
17. All engines not meeting the above specifications will be required to run a 1 5/8 restrictor. Right rear tire, 50 compound minimum and left rear tire, 40 compound minimum.
18. The top four finishers in the events feature will be subject to an engine protest. Any driver finishing on the same lap as the fourth place car is eligible to protest provided they are a legal car, the driver pulls into the claim area under his own power and announces his/her intentions to protest to the track official and produces $100.00 cash. $75.00 will go to the claimed driver and $25.00 goes to the association in the event the protest is accepted. A protest will be top end only. The intake and heads will be removed and all parts will be inspected. In the event of a refusal, the driver will lose all points and pay for the event, be suspended for two points races, lose his rights to protest for the season and be required to pay a $300.00 fine to the association before being allowed to return
19. Only alcohol or ethanol will be permitted. No gasoline
20. No performance additives allowed
21. No adjustable(from cockpit) shocks allowed
22.Coil-over suspension is allowed
23. Any rear tires are allowed
24. Any front tires are allowed
25. Minimum 84-inch wheelbase
26. No Plastic wheels allowed
27. No carbon fiber wheels allowed
28. Beadlocks are highly recommended
29. No wings, unusual side panels or air foils allowed
30. Competition shoulder harness and lap belt must be a minimum of 3 inches wide. Submarine belt and arm restraints are mandatory. Metal to metal buckles are required on shoulder and lap belts. All belts are required not to be over 2 years old.
31. Fire retardant racing suit is mandatory
32. Fire retardant racing gloves are mandatory
33. Fire retardant shoes, socks, underwear and hood are highly recommended
34. Neck brace is required
35. Roll cage net in mandatory
36. Helmets-SNELL SA95 or SA00 required. Helmets must be worn at all times when driver is operating race car
37. No transmitting or listening devices are allowed in the race car
38. No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information, except tach, allowed in race car
39. Any rules not covered here or any rules in question will be left up to the official in charge. Their decision will be final.
2007 Tomahawk Speedway