1. Open to any sprint car tubular chassis.
NO 2x4 modifed frames. Officials descretion.
2. Minimum cage structure to be no less than 1 3/8" with .095
minimum wall thickness. Cage must extend above drivers helmet, a
halo bar will be required if helmet is not below bottom of top roll
3. Wheelbase minimum 84", with a maximum of 92".
4. Motor, body, seat, rearend center section and fuel tank must be
mounted to centerline of chassis.
5. All cars must weight 1700 lbs. with driver and all driver's
equipment. You will way after time trials and designated times
during the night.
6. Bumpers and side nerf bars must be sprint car type bars and must
be mounted securely to the chassis. Bars will be constructed of
1" steelwith .060 wall thickness. Front bumpers may be aluminum
1" .120 wall thickness. Side nerf bars must not extend outside
of rear tires.
1. All drive trains must have a driveline
or rear coupler system. (to disengage rear end from engine) All
drivelines must be enclosed and have nomore than one (1) u-joint and
that must be at the front.
2. Standard torque tube and ball housing recommended, new style
scattershield highly RECOMMENDED.
3. Torque tube safety strap or hoop manditory.
4. Buckley yokes allowed. BUT MUST HAVE NEW STYLE SCATTERSHIELD!!
5. Any conventional quick change rear end allowed, maximum 2"
NOTE: NO FOUR CORNER COIL OVER ASPHALT
WIDEBODY TYPE CARS ALLOWED!!!!!!
1. Conventional torsion bar suspension,
coil over front with rear torsion bar allowed, front sway bar
2. NO rear panhard bars allowed, MUST USE JACOBS LADDER OR WATTS
3.Outsie of right rear tire to center or rear end may not exceed
4. No independent suspension allowed, straight front axle only,
54" maximum width kingpin to kingpin.
5. One shock per wheel, no cockpit adjustable shocks allowed.
6. NO COCKPIT ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION DEVICES!!!
WHEELS & TIRES
NOTE: CARS MUST USE ALL HOOSIER TIRES TO BE
ELIGBLE FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
NOTE: NCMA TIRE RULES MAY BE USED EXCEPT FOR THE RIGHT REAR
1. Wheels: Any aluminum or steel racing
wheel is allowed with any offset. Bead locks nocks not required on
wheels. (SIX PIN FRONT WHEELS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
2. Front tire size 11.0/25.0-15 Hoosier 2010 LF tire compound, 2030
RF tire compound.
3. Left rear tire sizes 25.0/13.0-15, 26.0/13.5-15, 27.0/13.0-15
Hoosier M-20 and M-2020 compound.
4. Right rear tire 17.0/28.0-15 Hoosier M-60 compound.
5. NO TIRE SOFTENING OR SIPING OF TIRES ALLOWED.
1. Steel, cast iron or aluminum rotors
only. NO TITANIUM BRAKES ALLOWED!!
2. Minimum left front and inboard rear brake. (BRAKES ON ALL FOUR
WHEELS HIGHLY RECOMMENED)
3. Brake porportioning adjusters allowed.
BODY/GENERAL APPEARANCE/AERODYNAMIC DEVICES
1. Body and chassis must be well
maintained. OFFICIALS DISCRETION
2. Conventional sprint car hoods and body panels.
3. Numbers must be on both sides of tail tank and on nose of car.
Numbers must be at least 14" tall. MUST BE EASILY READ FROM
SCORES BOOTH. Transponders mandatory.
4. No aerodynamic devices allowed. NO wings, wedges, or modified
belly pans. No body part may be designed to form a wind brake except
those to cool or protect the engine, cooling system or to cool the
brake system. OFFICIALS DISCRETION
5. Right or left side arm guards may not exceed above the bottom of
the drivers helmet.
6. Drivers must be able to easily escape the car. Driver may be
asked to demonstrate this capacity.
7. Firewall will be solid and fit between the engine and driver's
compartment. Reasonable holes foe wiring, plumbing, and linkage is
allowed. OFFICIALS DISCRETION
8. Floor pan must extend from the fire wall to the front of the
FUEL & FUEL SYSTEM
1. A securely mounted fuel cell with
bladder is required. Sprint car type only.
2. Sprint car factory fuel cells & bladders mounted by factory
specifications only. OFFICIALS DISCRETION!!
3. Minimum 25 gallon cell, maximum 40 gallon cell, 28 gallon cell
4. Fuel tank MUST have working vent check valve.
5. Fuel systems must have fuel shut off device within easy reach of
the driver. A waterman shut-ff system is recommended for addional
6. All fuel lines and filters will be securely and safely mounted to
the satisfaction of the officials.
7 . Methanol racing fuel only. NO ADDITIVES. Including nitrous oxide
or oxygenated additives.
8. Mechanical fuel pumps only. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS ALLOWED.
1. Mufflers mandatory at all times. 95 dba
@ 100 ft. NO EXCEPTIONS OFFICIALS DECISION FINAL!!!!!
1. 360 C. I. Maximum. NO EXCEPTIONS
2. Rear of engine block may not exceed more than 43 inches ahead of
the center of the rear axle.
3. Cast Iron blocks and headsonly. Stock 23 degree valve angle.
4. Flat tappet cams only NO Roller cams allowed! Roller rockers and
stud girdles allowed.
5. Gear drive and dry sump oil system OK.
6. No titanium or aluminum rods, titanium valves & retainers
7. No onboard computers except tacs and exhaust analyzers.
8. Coolant catch can is required.
1. Holley #4412 or Demon #9647 Series 500
CFM 2 barrel carburetor. Track Go-on-Go gauge will monitor
carburetors. 1 11/16" throttle bore.
2. Choke tower may be removed. External jets allowed.
3. Venturi may be opened .010 over catolog specifications.
4. Bottom of carburetor may be more than four (4) inches from the
topof the manifold.
5. Aluminum 4 barrel intake manifold allowed. NO RAM INTAKES ALLOWED
6. Throttle pedal must have a toe strap and at least three return
IGNITION & STARTING
1. HEI ignition system or magneto allowed.
Cars must have a clearly marked ON/OFF switch within easy reach of
the driver and visable for the rescue workers.
2. Must have battery on board, recommended location under seat
3. If battery is wet type, not a sealed gel battery like a Optima
battery, it must be well covered.
4. Cars must have on board working starters. NO REMOTE REMOVABLE STARTERS
5. Steel or aluminum shield that covers the flywheel is mandatory
when bell housing is in the cockpit.
6. Cars must start each event from the staging area WITHOUT
ASSISTANCE. Cars requiring assistance will go to the back of the
7. Cars may be push started for red flag stops and from the work
area under yellow flag's without penalty.
1. High back aluminum sprint car style
racing seats only.
2. Right side safety net required unless car has full containment
3. Headrest's must have high impact energy absorbing padding.
4. Seat must be mounted a minimum of four (4) places to the chassis
with a minimum 3/8 grade 8 bolts & locking nuts, with 2"
washers. Or use seat manufactures mounting hardware and location.
5. Seat belts must be no more than two (2) years old and must be a 5
point mounting system with minimum three (3 ") inch belts.
6.Quick release sterring wheel mandatory.
7. Full face Snell SA2000 or helmets are required.
8. Arm restraints are mandatory.
9. Head socks or skirts mandatory.
10. Neck Collars or HANS type device required.
11. Fire proof uniforms, gloves, and shoes are mandatory. SF13.2N1
or rating minimum.
12.NO RADIO COMMUNICATION ALLOWED!!!